Reminder

If you are a student loan borrower and you are graduating in December, dropping below 6 hours next semester, or not returning to Central next semester this E-mail applies to you! If you HAVE NOT ALREADY signed up to complete the mandated Student Loan Exit Counseling, you must do so. I will be holding group Exit Counseling sessions from November 19th – 20th and on December 4th & 5th in the library Learning Center. The times are listed below, and space is limited for each session. If you are an off-campus student (from a distance), please e-mail me and we will make alternate arrangements for you.

The purpose of this Exit session is to give you all of the information that you will need to successfully begin repayment. You will receive a full list of your loans, contact information for each of your loan servicers, repayment plan information, and deferment/forbearance options. I want you to be prepared! I will be posting sign-up sheets across from the student mailboxes today (November 7th). Please sign up as soon as possible. If none of the times given work for you, PLEASE contact me at veronicahamblin@cccb.edu or stop by my office to set up an individual session time.

Tues, Nov. 19th Weds, Nov. 20th Thurs, Nov. 21st Weds, Dec. 4th Thurs, Dec. 5th
2:00 – 3:00 2:00 – 3:00 2:00 – 3:00 2:00 – 3:00 2:00 – 3:00
The session consists of 2 parts. There is an in person explanation of the materials you will be receiving (including a time for you to ask questions), and there is a computer session designed by the Department of Education. If you do it all in the session with me it will take 45 – 50 minutes on average. The computer portion takes the largest part of this time. If you want to shorten your session with me, you can do the computerized session anytime before we meet. I strongly encourage you to do this! The web address is: http://www.studentloans.gov

You will need the PIN # that you used to file your FAFSA, the address of the closest relative that you do not live with, your driver's license number, and contact information for 2 people who will know where you are when you move (Names, Addresses, and Phone Numbers.) NOTE: The closest family member cannot be duplicated as one of the references. Please let me know when you have completed it so that I can print off a confirmation sheet for my files.
In Him,

Veronica Hamblin
Foundation & Corporate Relations
Assistant Director of Financial Aid