Children’s Ministry Intern
Website First Christian Church
Family Ministry Intern
Position Summary: Be a supplemental staff member in the family ministry department (birth-12th), with an emphasis on children’s ministry (birth-4th).
Reports to: Family Ministry Team Leader
Time Expectations: Sundays plus four week days; Saturdays and Evenings as required
Job Classification: Salaried, 12 week time period (flexible based on personal school calendar), 1 week non-paid time off. Starts May 16 and ending on August 8
Date created: 01/25/2015
Job Duties (essential)
* Assist in promotion/publicity of all family ministry events/programs
* Lead or assist in teaching in various children’s ministry programs on Sundays and Wednesdays throughout the summer.
* Participate, assist and lead at a week of camp at Park Springs Christian Camp
* Participate, assist and lead in our VBS program.
* Work with volunteers in communication, partnership and training when needed.
* Assist in recruitment of volunteers when needed.
* Attend all staff meetings and Family Ministry meetings.
* Engage in active, healthy relationships with children and their families. Absolutely NO DATING!
* Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by First Christian Church.
* Work in cooperation with other “family ministry” staff members in the development and implementation of the “Orange” family ministry concepts and principles.
* Develop, plan & implement two program/events for the preschool and elementary families.
* Partner with other church ministries to be a resource as needed
* Fulfill other ministry duties/expectations when required. (Hospital visitations, etc.)
* Passion to lead students (any age) into a relationship with Christ
* Demonstrated spiritual maturity
* Gifts of leadership, teaching and administration
* Commitment to New Testament principles, including salvation
* Creates ownership of ministry, and is task-oriented, and independently motivated
* Flexible and adaptable
* Team player mentality – No “silos”
* Sponge Mentality – Be ready to soak up everything you can about ministry and the experiences involved in it.
* Current student in a Restoration Movement Bible College
* Occasional activities with young children, including carrying babies and playing physical games.
* Lifting, pulling, carrying, pushing as needed to set up or clean up various church activities, programs, etc.