The ability to understand and communicate with the world is necessary for anyone to function effectively in ministry. The General Studies area develops well-rounded students in disciplines that are not specifically church related, including communication, foreign language, history, literature, natural science, social science, philosophy, science, and mathematics courses.
General Studies Coordinator: Associate Dean Rick Fordyce (email@example.com)
General Division courses equip students to understand the liberal arts from a Christian worldview.
- Students will be able to display a breadth of general knowledge in various fields of study.
- Students will be able to locate and evaluate learning resources.
- Students will be able to exhibit independent, critical, and creative thinking skills.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively through written and spoken methods.
- Students will be able to identify the values necessary to guide ethical conduct and social responsibility.
- Students will be able to recognize the contributions of various cultures to the human experience.
- Advising Courses
- Communication Courses
- Foreign Language Courses
- History Courses
- Literature & Art Courses
- Philosophy, Science, & Math Courses
- Social Science Courses